The U.S. Department of State has published the monthly Visa Bulletin for March 2021, unveiling the new EB-5 cut-off dates for visa applicants from backlogged countries.
EB-5 FINAL ACTION DATES (CHART A)
The March Visa Bulletin revealed the following final action dates for EB-5 visa applicants:
- Mainland China: August 15, 2015
- No movement since the September 2020 Visa Bulletin;
- Vietnam: October 22, 2017
- All Other Countries: Current
- EB-5 visa applicants not from China or Vietnam continue to be able to receive their EB-5 visa number in March 2021 and can file an immigration visa application or adjustment of status application immediately after the approval of their I-526 petition without any delay.
EB-5 DATES FOR FILING (CHART B)
The dates for filing of the EB-5 visa category on the March 2021 Visa Bulletin remain unchanged from the previous Visa Bulletins:
USCIS announced on its website that, in March 2021, the agency will still not accept dates for filing for adjustment of status applications of the employment-based categories. That means, qualified EB-5 applicants must continue to “use the Final Action Dates chart (Chart A) in the Department of State Visa Bulletin for March 2021” to file their adjustment of status application.