IIUSA is pleased to announced that the The 2018 Q3-Q4 Issue of the Regional Center Business Journal ( “RCBJ”) is now available online!
This edition of the Journal highlights the value IIUSA continues to deliver to its members, with education modules, networking events, and data analysis. The Journal also includes reviews of current immigration adjudication issues relating to the EB-5 investor’s source and transfer of funds, and the structuring of the EB-5 investor’s exit from the investment vehicle. Not to miss an emerging topic, the Journal features articles on opportunity zone investments, the litigation contesting how EB-5 visas are counted, and what a minimum price increase could mean for the industry. The editorial committee for the Journal expects you will enjoy these articles just as much as we did in working with the authors.
All IIUSA members are invited to contribute your EB-5 industry expertise to our next publication. If you have an article concept you would like IIUSA to publish, please complete this short form or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- IIUSA’s Strength is its Potential by Aaron Grau, Interim Executive Director, IIUSA
- IIUSA Launches New Education Program by Ashley Casey, Director of Education & Professional Development
- Is the Investment Truly at Risk? How Call Options Could Result in I-526 Petition Denials by Ozzie Torres, Shareholder, Torres Law PA
- Opportunity Zone Investments: A New Source of Capital for New and Exciting EB-5 Projects by Reid Thomas, Executive Vice President, NES Financial; Catherine Debono Holmes, Partner, Jeffer Mangel Butler & Mitchell; and Kelly Alton, General Counsel, NES Financial
- Regional Center Compliance Reviews by Lincoln Stone, Partner Stone Grzegorek & Gonzalez LLP; Susan Pilcher, Senior Attorney Stone Grzegorek & Gonzalez LLP; and Elsie Hui Arias, Partner, Stone Grzegorek & Gonzalez LLP
- Investment Amount Increases for U.S. EB-5 Visa: The Likely Consequences in Today’s Marketplace by Scott Barnhart, President, Barnhart Econmic Services LLC
- Third Party Currency Swaps: Considerations for RFE’s by Jennifer A. Hermansky, Shareholder, Greenburg Traurig
- Analyzing the Recent Trend of EB-5 Expedited Processing by Joseph Barnett, Partner, Wolfsdorf Rosenthal LLP
- Summary and Analysis of Litigation to Expand EB-5 Visa Capacity by Carolyn Lee, Partner, Miller Mayer
- Hiring Professional Money Managers to Lower and Diversify Project Risk Should be a Must for EB-5 Investors by Abteen Vaziri, Managing Director, Brevet Capital Management
- IIUSA Banquets in Ho Chi Minh City & Seoul Deliver Industry Education and Business Development to Two of the EB-5 Industry’s Largest Markets by McKenzie Penton, IIUSA Director of Events and Business Development
- Analyzing Form I-526 Statistics by Investors Country of Chargeability for Fiscal Year 2017: What is New and What it Tells Us? by Lee Li, IIUSA Policy Analyst