Last week, the U.S. Department of State published the monthly Visa Bulletin for January 2023. The latest visa bulletin shows that the cut-off dates for EB-5 visa categories will remain the same in the first month of the new calendar year.
EB-5 FINAL ACTION DATES (CHART A)
The January Visa Bulletin revealed the following final action dates for EB-5 visa applicants:
- Applicants associated with unreserved EB-5 visa categories:
- Mainland China: March 22, 2015;
- India: November 8, 2019;
- All Other Countries: “Current”;
- Applicants associated with an EB-5 project within the reserved EB-5 visa categories:
- All Countries: “Current”;
(Chart A on the January 2023 Visa Bulletin)
EB-5 DATES FOR FILING (CHART B)
In January, the dates for filing will remain “current” for all EB-5 applicants, except for the applicants who 1) were born in mainland China or India, and 2) invested through a regional center project or a direct project outside the reserved visa categories. The date for filing of these applicants will continue to be January 1, 2016 for Chinese nationals and December 8, 2019 for Indian nationals.
(Chart B on the January 2023 Visa Bulletin)