Using data from USCIS, IIUSA’s latest EB-5 processing time report (full report here) illustrates the updates of EB-5 wait times for adjudicating I-526 petitions, I-829 petitions and I-924 applications in May 2021.
The following processing times for Form I-526, Form I-829 and Form I-924 are reported as a range between the low end (representing the time it takes to complete 50% of cases) and the high end (indicating the time to complete 93% of cases).
As of the end of May 2021:
Form I-526 processing time: 31 – 49.5 months (excluding petitioners from mainland China).
- Approximately half of the I-526 petitions filed by an investor not from mainland China were processed within 31 months; while the vast majority of the cases were adjudicated within 50 months.
- The low end of I-526 processing times has shown little change in 2021, remaining around 30 months, while the high end has increased by 7 months between January and May 2021
Form I-526 processing time: 69 – 88 months for petitioners from mainland China.
- Under IPO’s new approach to process I-526 cases that is based on visa availability, the average I-526 processing times for Chinese investors continued to increase in May 2021, due to the lack of movement of the “dates for filing” for the Chinese EB-5 visa applicants.
- Overall, the low end of I-526 processing time for Chinese petitioners increased by nearly 20 months, while the high end was also up by 12.5 months in 2021.
Form I-829 processing time: 35.5 – 64 months.
- 50% of the I-829 cases were processed within 35.5 months and the vast majority of I-829 adjudications were completed within 64 months.
- After experiencing an irregular surge in March and April, the high end of I-829 processing time dropped back to under 65 months in May 2021.
Form I-924 processing time: 19 – 64 months.
- The regular processing time for Form I-924 applications, including an initial designation or an amendment to a Regional Center, was between 19 and 64 months.
- Given the fact that now USCIS only adjudicates a handful of I-924 cases, the processing time of a particular I-924 application could generate a noticeable impact on the overall I-924 processing time. Therefore, the I-924 processing time data has shown rapid fluctuation in 2021.
EB-5 PROCESSING TIMES DATA DASHBOARD
All EB-5 processing times information in one place
IIUSA is excited to launch this interactive data dashboard featuring the latest processing time ranges and historical processing time trends for I-526 petitions, I-829 petitions and I-924 applications.
This free resource, available on IIUSA’s website https://iiusa.org/eb5_processing_times, saves your time by aggregating pertinent processing time statistics across the USCIS website and displaying them all at one place.
Add this new interactive EB-5 Processing Times Data Dashboard to your bookmark and stay up-to-date with the key statistics that are the most relevant to EB-5 investors and regional center operators.