10. Springtime in Washington, D.C. – There is perhaps no more beautiful place to be than Washington D.C. come springtime. With its thousands of blossoming cherry trees, great outdoor activities along the National Mall and festivals celebrating international cultures, spring is full of awe-inspiring experiences in our nation’s capital
9. The Marriott Marquis– the Marriott Marquis, a premier EB-5 financed project, is one of the District’s newest hotels designed to reflect its surroundings and complement the adjacent Walter E. Washington Convention Center. Conveniently located near Penn Quarter, CityCenterDC, and the Verizon Center, the hotel makes it easy to explore the city’s best attractions. Click here to book your room $289/night (expires 3/21)
8. Enjoy a Week in the Nation’s Capital – Washington D.C. has dozens of wonderful attractions including museums that appeal to a wide range of interests. The best part of about them – they are all (mostly) free! IIUSA staff favorites include the National Air and Space Museum, National Museum of Natural History and the Lincoln Memorial. For a full list of 100 things to do while in DC, visit this site from Washington.org
7. Earn your CLE Credits- For all the legal professionals out there the Advocacy Conference will offer 2+ days of panel presentations that can be counted towards your Continuing Legal Education.
6. Contribute Your Expertise by Joining an IIUSA Committee Meeting- All IIUSA members are invited to listen in on committee meetings. Committees include: Association Building, Banking, Best Practices, Budget and Finance, Compliance, Editorial, Investor Markets, Membership. Nominations, Public Policy, Public Relations and Technology. Fill out your Committee Interest Form Today!
5. First-class Networking– Whether you are new to the EB-5 space or are a veteran to the industry, our DC Advocacy Conference is the ideal place to forge lasting business relationships and further your foothold in the industry! Attend the Conference kickoff reception on Wednesday evening April 20th as well as the evening reception on Thursday April 21st .
4. Sponsor & Exhibit at the Premier EB-5 conference of 2016– Enhance your company’s visibility in by exhibiting at the premier EB-5 advocacy conference held each year by IIUSA. With 450+ EB-5 Stakeholders from all over the world expected to attend, this business development will be front and center throughout the week. IIUSA has reserved an exhibit hall with the capacity to hold 30+ booths. To read more about sponsorship and exhibiting opportunities, click here.
3. Cast your Vote- All IIUSA members are welcome and encourage to intend the IIUSA Annual General Meeting (“AGM”). The annual meeting will feature the election of members to board and officer position with IIUSA, annual committee reports and is your opportunity for all IIUSA members to voice their opinions.
2. Expert EB-5 Industry Speakers –Speakers from within the IIUSA membership will be on panels on hot topics including Securitas Laws & EB-5, Alternative Finance Capital Markets, EB-5 Regulations & Policy Guidance, Visa Backlog and Investor Market Diversification and much more!
1. Hear directly from the Federal Government on the Future of the EB-5 Program – IIUSA has already announced an excellent lineup of Government/Regulatory speakers including representatives from the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC), U.S. Department of State Office of Visa Controls, the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board and North America Securities Administrators Association. Stay tuned for more updates by checking the event page regularly!
Important topics that will be under the microscope and will undoubtedly shape the future of the EB-5 Program include government perspectives on EB-5 Program reauthorization in 2016, potential regulatory reforms, the impact of visa “retrogression” on EB-5 investor markets, federal inter-agency collaboration and oversight, and more.