IIUSA is pleased to announced that the The 2018 Q1-Q2 Issue of the Regional Center Business Journal ( “RCBJ”) is now available online!
This edition of the Journal is a reminder of how EB-5 Capital continue to fuel the economy across the nation. The theme of this issue is “The New Horizon for EB-5” and we hope that the articles and in-depth analyses help to deepen understanding, drive business development for members, and cast a light on the future of the EB-5 Program. This edition covers emerging EB-5 investor markets, industry best practices, financial consideration in an evolving market, recent litigation, economic impact analysis and EB-5 advocacy efforst.
All IIUSA members are invited to contribute your EB-5 industry expertise to our next publication. If you have an article concept you would like IIUSA to publish, please complete this short form or e-mail us at email@example.com.
- The Wild and Complicated World of FOIA by Ashley Sanislo Casey, IIUSA Associate Director of Advocacy
- March 2018 EB-5 Legislation in Review by Nicole Merlene, IIUSA Associate Director of Public Policy
- Latest Peer-Reviewed Study Shows Profound Impact of the EB-5 Regional Center Program on the U.S. Economy in FY2014-FY2015 by Lee Li, IIUSA Policy Analyst
- Federal Litigation: The Knockout Punch to USCIS’s Overboard Policy on Redemption Agreements and Call Options? by Ira Kurzban, Partner, Kurzban Kurzban Weinger Tetzeli & Pratt, P.A.; John Pratt, Kurzban Kurzban Weinger Tetzeli & Pratt, P.A; Edward Ramos, Senior Attorney at LAw, Kurzban Kurzban Weinger Tetzeli & Pratt, P.A
- A Private Affair: The Use of Arbitration Clauses in EB-5 Investments by Robert Cornish’ Attorney at Law’ Wilson Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Grenada, E-5 Visas and the Two-Step Immigration Strategy by Lincoln Stone, Partner, Stone Grzegorek & Gonzalez, LLP; Michael Harris, Senior Attorney, Stone Grzegorek & Gonzalez, LLP
- Independent Co-Management Services in EB-5 Projects by Jim Nail, Chief Investment Officer, AISA
- Crowdfunding in EB-5: Securing Funding From the Immigration Investor Crowd by Michael Homeier, Founding Shareholder, Homeier Law
- Erosion of the Loan Model by Osvaldo Torres, Shareholder, Torres Law
- Risks for Regional Centers and Project Principals in Accepting “Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs) as Investors by Douglas Hauer, Partner and Chair, Mintz Levin EB-5 Financing Practice; Steve Ganis, Member, Mintz Levin Cohn Ferris Glovsky and Popeo, PC; Mackenzie Queenin, Associate,Mintz Levin Cohn Ferris Glovsky and Popeo, PC;
- Combating Construction Fraud to Protect EB-5 Investors: The Need for Proper, Industry Wide Construction Integrity Monitoring by Russell Scarcella, Director, Exiger
- EB-5 Bridge Financing: A Study of Market-Driven Applications & Definitions by David Hirson, Managing Partner, David Hirson & Partners, LLP; Nima Korpivaara, Partner, David Hirson & Partners; Phuong Le, Partner, David Hirson & Partners
- Best Practices for Redeployment by Dawn Lurie, Senior Counsel Seyfarth Shaw; Andrew Llyod-John Berg, Attorney, Seyfarth Shaw
- IIUSA Hosts Largest Global Banquet Series Event to Date in One of the Industry’s Fastest Growing Marketplaces…Mumbai, India by McKenzie Penton, IIUSA Associate Director, Events & Industry Engagement
- IIUSA Membership Committee Corner: IIUSA Events Bring Together Members Across the Globe by Laura Kelly, Marketing Director NES Financial; Victor Espinosa, Senior Director Global Business Development, Golden Gate Global
- Update on Vietnam: A Surging EB-5 Market by Brandon Meyer, Partner, Fakhoury Global Immigration
- EB-5 Investments in Turkey by Eren Cicekdagi, Managing Director, Golden Gate Global