Based on data from USCIS, IIUSA’s latest EB-5 processing time report (full report here) illustrates the current wait times for adjudicating I-526 petitions, I-829 petitions and I-924 applications.
Starting in March 2018, USCIS updated its webpage to start reporting processing times in a range. The following processing times for Form I-526, Form I-829 and Form I-924 are reported as a range between the low end (representing the time it takes to complete 50% of cases) and the high end (indicating the time to complete 93% of cases).
As of April 1, 2021:
Form I-526 processing time: 29 – 51 months for petitioners not from mainland China.
- Approximately half of the I-526 petitions filed by an investor not from mainland China were processed within 29 months, a 2-month reduction from February 2021; while the vast majority of the cases were adjudicated within 51 months.
- In addition, the spread between the low end and the high end of the average I-526 processing times in March became wider, indicating that 50% of the I-526 cases saw a quicker adjudication in the past month but it also took USCIS a longer time to process some I-526 cases likely due to RFE (Request for Evidence) or other issues.
Form I-526 processing time: 65 – 75 months for petitioners from mainland China.
- Under IPO’s new approach to process I-526 cases that is based on visa availability, the average I-526 processing times for Chinese investors continued to increase due to the lack of movement for China EB-5 cut-off dates on the monthly Visa Bulletin.
Form I-829 processing time: 37 – 248 months.
- The high end of the I-829 processing time indicated that USCIS were adjudicating some I-829 cases that were filed 248 months ago (or in August 2000).
- I-829 processing time experienced a similar irregularity in November 2020 when the high end of the processing time range surged to 234 months. However, after one month, it quickly dropped back to under 60 months in December 2020.
Form I-924 processing time: 35 – 38 months.
- The regular processing time for Form I-924 applications, including an initial designation or an amendment to a Regional Center, was between 35 and 38 months, down from approximately 50 months in February 2021.
EB-5 PROCESSING TIMES DATA DASHBOARD
All EB-5 processing times information in one place
IIUSA is excited to launch this interactive data dashboard featuring the latest processing time ranges and historical processing time trends for I-526 petitions, I-829 petitions and I924 applications.
This free resource, available on IIUSA’s website https://iiusa.org/eb5_processing_times, saves your time by aggregating pertinent processing time statistics across the USCIS website and displaying them all at one place.
Add this new interactive EB-5 Processing Times Data Dashboard to your bookmark and stay up-to-date with the key statistics that are the most relevant to EB-5 investors and regional center operators.