Using data from USCIS, IIUSA’s latest EB-5 processing time report (full report here) illustrates the updates of EB-5 wait times for adjudicating I-526 petitions, I-829 petitions and I-924 applications in June 2021.
With the EB-5 Regional Center Program (the Program) currently set to expire after June 30th, it’s unclear how the I-526, I-829 and I-924 processing times will be updated in July and moving forward. Based on USCIS’ latest guidance, the agency will reject all regional center affiliated I-526 petitions and I-924 applications that are filed on or after July 1st, 2021, and put pending regional center affiliated I-526 and I-924 cases on hold for an undetermined length of time. However, IPO will continue accepting and adjudicating pending I-829 cases after July 1st.
The following processing times for Form I-526, Form I-829 and Form I-924 are reported as a range between the low end (representing the time it takes to complete 50% of cases) and the high end (indicating the time to complete 93% of cases).
As of the end of June 2021:
Form I-526 processing time: 31 – 49.5 months (excluding petitioners from mainland China).
- Approximately half of the I-526 petitions filed by an investor not from mainland China were processed within 31 months; while the vast majority of the cases were adjudicated within 49.5 months.
- The I‐526 processing time for petitioners from a non‐backlogged country did not change at all during June 2021.
Form I-526 processing time: 65 – 83.5 months for petitioners from mainland China.
- Under IPO’s new approach to process I-526 cases that is based on visa availability, the average I-526 processing times for Chinese investors started to decline in June with the opening of the U.S. Consulate Office in Guangzhou, China.
- The low end of the processing time for Chinese I-526 petitioners was down from 69 months to 65 months in June; while the high end also decreased from 88 months to 83.5 months.
Form I-829 processing time: 40.5 – 60.5 months.
- 50% of the I-829 cases were processed within 40.5 months and the vast majority of I-829 adjudications were completed within 60.5 months.
- After experiencing an irregular surge in March and April, the I‐829 processing times presented little change in June.
Form I-924 processing time: 20 – 32 months.
- The regular processing time for Form I-924 applications, including an initial designation or an amendment to a Regional Center, was between 20 and 32 months.
- During June 2021, the low end of the I‐924 processing time remained around 20 months while the high end dropped significantly from 67 months to 32 months.
EB-5 PROCESSING TIMES DATA DASHBOARD
All EB-5 processing times information in one place
IIUSA is excited to launch this interactive data dashboard featuring the latest processing time ranges and historical processing time trends for I-526 petitions, I-829 petitions and I-924 applications.
This free resource, available on IIUSA’s website https://iiusa.org/eb5_processing_times, saves your time by aggregating pertinent processing time statistics across the USCIS website and displaying them all at one place.
Add this new interactive EB-5 Processing Times Data Dashboard to your bookmark and stay up-to-date with the key statistics that are the most relevant to EB-5 investors and regional center operators.