Earlier this week, Immigration Investor Program Office (IPO) published updated processing volume for the I-526 and I-829 petitions through Q3 of Fiscal Year (FY) 2016, (April-June). Below are selected data points extracted from the reports:
- I-526 filings bounced back from levels recorded in Q2 2016. Compared to Q3 of last year, however, overall filings are down 40%.
- USCIS adjudicated a total of 2,093 I-526 petitions in Q3, a 16% decrease from last quarter and 35% decrease in a year-over-year comparison.
- There were a total of 1,660 I-526 approvals in Q3, a 10% decrease from Q2.
- There are currently 19,406 I-526 petitions pending, a slight decrease from the 20,235 pending as of last quarter.
- Total I-829 filings of 905 petitions are up 7% from Q2.
- The I-829 approval rate stood at 81% for Q3, the Program’s lowest total since Q2 of FY2014.
- The number of pending I-829 Petitions increase by 17% to over 5,500.