Last week, the USCIS Immigrant Investor Program Office (IPO) published quarterly processing statistics for I-526 and I-829 petitions through Q2 of Fiscal Year (FY) 2017, (January-March). Below are selected data points extracted from the reports:
I-526 (Read the Report) (Explore the Dataset)
- I-526 petition filings declined by 61% from previous quarter. I‐526 petitions filed in the first two quarters in FY2017 declined by 14% compared to same time period in FY2016.
- I‐526 approvals in the Q2 FY2017 highest level in a year‐over‐year comparison.
- The I‐526 approval rate remains unchanged from Q1 FY2017 at 93%.
- I‐526 petitions pending with USCIS declined by 5% from the last quarter largely due to the decline in I‐526 filings in Q2 FY2017.
- I‐526 filings in Q2 were lower than the same time period in both FY14 & FY15.
I-829 (Read the Report) (Explore the Dataset)
- I‐829 petitions adjudicated in Q1 FY2017 increased by almost 180% from the last quarter; while I‐829 filings showed a slight decline (8%) from Q1, FY2016.
- I‐829 approvals in Q1 FY2017 increased by over 200% from the previous quarter when I‐829 approvals experienced a two‐year low.
- Approval rate of I‐829 petitions returned to over 90%, approaching to the long‐term (36‐month/24‐month) average approval rate (95%).
- I‐829 petitions pending grew by 40% from the previous quarter.