On June 19-21, 2013 IIUSA hosted its 3rd Annual International Investment & Economic Development Forum in Las Vegas. Thanks to your commitment to IIUSA, the generous support of sponsor/exhibitors, engaging speakers, and industry leadership all around – we are pleased to report that this year’s attendance increased by over 30% to 450+ from over five countries – easily setting a new high for attendance at an IIUSA conference. More importantly than the noteworthy growth, the content of this year’s forum focus on new, data-driven industry intelligence, legal & policy analysis that truly represented the tireless work of IIUSA members, committees, leadership, advisers, and staff to produce valuable industry intelligence that keeps you informed when making decisions in the marketplace. We were also proud to launch a mobile app just for the event and produce a beautiful, color-printed handbook that represents comprehensive snapshot of the Regional Center industry today.
Long story short…we are excited to start planning for next year!
Video recordings of the panel presentations will be available for purchase at IIUSA Marketplace as soon as they are ready. The videos will feature both the presentation itself and the powerpoint presentation that accompanied the speaker (assuming they used a PowerPoint). As they become available, the presentations themselves will be made available through “I3 Online” – our new members-only section of IIUSA.org.
- “Essay on the Search for a Legal, Logical, Economic, or Policy Basis for USCIS’s ‘Tenant Occupancy’ Policy on Selectively Withholding ‘Credit’ for EB-5 Job Creation” by Cletus Weber and Paul Sommers
- “USCIS EB-5 Training Materials 2008 to 2011” by Suzanne Lazicki (an analysis of over 2,000 pages of materials used by USCIS to train immigration service officers for adjudicating EB-5 cases)
- “SEC Focus on Unregistered Broker-Dealers Implications for EB-5 Offerings” By Jackie Prester
- “EB-5 I-829 RFEs and Denials: New Analysis of What USCIS Looks for” by Sonia Sujanani, Stephen Yale-Loehr & Robert C. Divine
- “EB-5 Financing for Hotel Development: Using Guest Expenditures to Calculate Job Creation for Hotels” by Catherine DeBono Holmes & Victor Shum, Jeffer, Mangels, Butler & Mitchell LLP
- “EB-5 Related Filing & Processing Statistics: Analysis of I-526, I-829 & I-924s” and “EB-5 Visa Statistics (2006-2012)” By Peter D. Joseph
Also now available in the IIUSA Online Store is the newly published, peer-reviewed economic impact study by Minnesota IMPLAN Group (MiG), Inc. and commissioned by IIUSA. The report it titled: Economic Impact Report of the EB-5 Program 2010-2011: An Economic Development Program for the 21st Century – and it is an essential tool for telling the full story of the Program’s economic contribution to the United States.
LAST CALL! – If you are interested in receiving Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credits for attending the Forum in Las Vegas, please be sure to email Mirinda James, IIUSA Administrative/Research Assistant at email@example.com with the state bar you belong to and member number.