The 2015 Q4 issue of the RCBJ (review digital version here) takes a look back at the busy year that was for all stakeholders involved in putting Foreign Direct Investment to work creating American jobs through the EB-5 Regional Center Program. In 2015, the EB-5 Regional Center industry matured into a source of more than $1 billion in foreign direct investment (FDI) per quarter for the U.S. economy. And, since 2008, the Program has delivered over $13 billion in FDI to the U.S. economy with over $9 billion awaiting federal government approval today. The Program has finally come of age, becoming a potent economic development tool for diverse communities and industries across the country.
Featured Articles Include:
- Short Term EB-5 Extension Brings New Challenges and Opportunities in 2016 by Peter D. Joseph,IIUSA Executive Director
- 2015 EB-5 Market Exchange Recap by Allen Wolff, IIUSA Associate Director of Marketing & Communications
- EB-5 in the Media: A Look Back at 2015 by Molly Conoy, IIUSA Policy/Research Assistant
- What we Learn from SEC Investigation by Ronald R. Fieldstone, Attorney at Law, Arnstein & Lehr, Member of IIUSA Compliance Committee and Jay M. Rosen, Partner, Arnstein & Lehr LLP
- Six Data Points Show EB-5 Has Never Been Stronger by Lee Li, IIUSA Policy Analyst
- RIMS II Regional Multipliers Updated for First Time Since 2002 by Michael Kester, Economist, Impact Datasource
- Negative Assurance Letters in EB-5 Offerings by Douglas Hauer, Founder and Co-Chair EB-5 Financing Practice, Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, P.C.; Laurence A. Schoen, Partner, Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, P.C.; Adam Sisitsky, Partner, Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, P.C.
- The Realities and Implications of Chinese EB-5 Investors’ Wait for Visa Numbers by Robert C. Divine, Baker Donelson Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Regulatory Consideration Through the Investor Life Cycle by Gregory L. White, Partner, Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Emerging Market Spotlight: South Africa by Michael Harris, Attorney, Stone, Grzegorek & Gonzalez LLP and Jennifer Lin, Associate Attorney, Stone, Grzegorek & Gonzalez LLP
- What Do Chinese Migration Agents Really Want? by Lili Wang, Managing Partner, New City Group, Chairman, IIUSA Investor Market Committee
- Emerging Market Spotlight: Venezuela by McKenzie Penton, IIUSA Marketing Development Assistant