The Los Angeles County Bar Assoication (LACBA) will be hosting an EB-5 seminar on March 8th, titled “Investors, Investments and Navigating through International Waters.” The one-day event, led by the Immigration and Nationality Law Section of LACBA, will feature over a dozen speakers, including many IIUSA members – such as: K David Andersson (IIUSA President), Mark A. Ivener, H. Ronald Klasko, Linda Lau, Jor Law, Martin J. Lawler, Lawler & Lawler, Carolyn S. Lee, Robert F. Loughran, Angelo A. Paparelli, Lincoln L. Stone, Kenneth White, & Bernard P. Wolfsdorf.
- Establishing Source of Funds and Basic I-526 Preparation; differences between the private $1million and $500,000 investments; and other “must- know” basics.
- Differences between investments in Regional Centers and Direct Investment, and the advantages and disadvantages of each for your clients.
- Practice and management tips, including precautions to take to avoid being sued.
- Changes in adjudication of common methodologies for computing “indirect” job creation.
- Retrogression, age-outs, and the Child Status Protection Act.
- Ethical issues in client representation and avoiding conflicts of interest.
- The Brave New World of removal of conditions: material changes in investment, NTAs, appeals and remedies in court.
- Tax planning and securities law issues to consider.
- Special issues pertaining to clients from China, Iran, Russia and Latin America
If you are interested in attend, be sure to read the full brochure and list of events. To register for the event, click here.