The Los Angeles County Bar Assoication (LACBA) will be hosting an EB-5 seminar on March 8th, titled “Investors, Investments and Navigating through International Waters.” The one-day event, led by the Immigration and Nationality Law Section of LACBA, will feature over a dozen speakers, including many IIUSA members – such as: K David Andersson (IIUSA President), Mark A. Ivener, H. Ronald Klasko, Linda Lau, Jor Law, Martin J. Lawler, Lawler & Lawler, Carolyn S. Lee, Robert F. Loughran, Angelo A. Paparelli, Lincoln L. Stone, Kenneth White, & Bernard P. Wolfsdorf.
- Establishing Source of Funds and Basic I-526 Preparation; differences between the private $1million and $500,000 investments; and other “must- know” basics.
- Differences between investments in Regional Centers and Direct Investment, and the advantages and disadvantages of each for your clients.
- Practice and management tips, including precautions to take to avoid being sued.
- Changes in adjudication of common methodologies for computing “indirect” job creation.
- Retrogression, age-outs, and the Child Status Protection Act.
- Ethical issues in client representation and avoiding conflicts of interest.
- The Brave New World of removal of conditions: material changes in investment, NTAs, appeals and remedies in court.
- Tax planning and securities law issues to consider.
- Special issues pertaining to clients from China, Iran, Russia and Latin America