Next month, December 7-8, the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) will be hostings its 2017 EB-5 Investors Summit in Las Vegas, NV at the Aria Resort and Casino. IIUSA is pleased to announce that Executive Director, Peter D. Joseph, will present on a panel at the event titled “Hot Topics: Legislative and Agency Updates” which will focus on program extension and congressional reform, new agency developments and other industry hot topics. Mr. Joseph will be joined on the panel by IIUSA members Enrique Gonzalez (Fragomen) and Carolyn Lee (Miller Mayer, LLP).
The 2017 AILA EB-5 Investors Summit is designed for both entry-level and seasoned EB-5 practitioners and professionals. The faculty will address cutting-edge issues through in-depth panel discussions featuring experts in immigration, securities, and business law, highly respected economists, and other well-regarded professionals in the industry. The conference program emphasizes legal and policy analysis, compliance, due diligence, enforcement, and ethical considerations, so that attorneys will be able to identify and provide counsel on EB-5 ineligibility matters, devise strategies to help their regional center or investor clients navigate complex legal and business issues, and respond effectively to USCIS or other government challenges.
Topics to include:
- Navigate Emerging USCIS Policies and Practices in an Increasingly Hostile Adjudication Environment
- Develop Strategies When Representing Investor Clients in Failed or Fraudulent Projects
- Tackle Evolving RFE Issues Involving Source of Funds, Minor Investor Eligibility, and EB-5 Projects
- Get the Latest Updates on Legislative Changes and Visa Retrogression
- Identify and Manage Risk in Areas of Professional Responsibility