Earlier this week, the USCIS Immigrant Investor Program Office (IPO) published quarterly processing statistics for I-526 and I-829 petitions through Q4 of Fiscal Year (FY) 2017,( July-September). Below are selected data points extracted from the reports:
I-526 Filing Statistics (Read the Report) (Explore the Data)
- Since 2008 over $22 billion in EB-5 capital has been made however, $12 billion worth of EB-5 capital investment is currently pending at USCIS as of Sep 30, 2017;
- In Q4 2017 1,600 I-526’s were filed representing a 63% decline from the previous quarter and a 70% decline year over year.
- IPO adjudicated over 3,000 I-526 petitions this past quarter an increase from the previous quarter but well below the all time high in Q1 2017.
- The number of pending I-526 petitions was 24,992 the highest in program history.
I-829 Filing Statistics (Read the Report) (Explore the Data)
- The number of I-829 petitions adjudicated in Q4 2017 increased by 57% from the previous quarter while I-829 petitions filings continued to decline.
- 1,344 I-829’s were approved in Q4 2017 the most in Program history.
- The average approval rate for I-829 petitions remained at 99% for the second consecutive quarter.
- The number of pending I-829 petitions pending declined by 12% from the previous quarter this first such decline in the last four fiscal years.
Not a Member? Join IIUSA Today to Access the Reports
As an IIUSA member you would have access to a host of member exclusive data resources and reports including processing trend analysis, investor origin reports and more! Industry data reports are just one of money member exclusive benefits of the EB-5 industry trade association. IIUSA members are the driving force behind the growth of the EB-5 Regional Center Program, which generates billions of dollars in capital investment and GDP, supports tens of thousands of U.S. jobs, and generates of over a billion dollars in federal/state/local tax revenue on an annual basis – all at no cost to the taxpayer. Learn More about Membership