Last week, the USCIS Immigrant Investor Program Office (IPO) published quarterly processing statistics for I-526 and I-829 petitions through Q3 of Fiscal Year (FY) 2017, (June-August). Below are selected data points extracted from the reports:
I-526 (Read the Report) (Explore the Dataset)
- Over 4,400 I-526’s were filed in Q3, the highest total so far in FY 2017.
- The number of I-526 petitions approved in Q3 of FY 2017 declined by 15% from the previous quarter, marking the second consecutive decrease after record high approvals in AQ 2017.
- The number of I-526 petitions pending with USCIS were up by 11% from last quarter to over 24,600.
I-829 (Read the Report) (Explore the Dataset)
- The estimated number of I-829 petitions adjudicated in Q3 increased by over 200% from the previous quarter while I-829 filings declined by 8% for the second consecutive quarter.
- The number of I-829 petitions approved by USCIS in Q3 increased by over 200% when compared to last quarter.
- Number of I-829 petitions pending in Q3 went down 1% from the previous quarter to 7,645.