IIUSA is pleased to announce that our annual data reports on I-526 and I-829 petition statistics are updated to included data through FY2016. The reports are a data visualization and analysis on historical and recent petitions statistics and serve to highlight important trends. Below are selected data points extracted from the reports.
I-829 (Read the Report-Members Only)
- The number of I‐829 petitions received and adjudicated grew by 25% and 72% respectively from FY2015 to FY2016
- As of the end of FY2016, the number of I‐829s pending reached an all‐time high of 4,712, an increase of 940% since FY2008
- Despite a decline of 4% from FY2015, the average approval rate of I‐829 petitions remained high, 95%, in FY2016
I-526 (Read the Report-Members Only)
- Despite a decline in I‐526 filings, the gap between the number of I‐526s received versus I‐526s adjudicated became even wider in FY2016.
- As of the end of FY2016, the number of I‐526s pending represents over $10.4 billion in EB‐5 FDI, an increase of 2,340% since FY2008
- The average approval rate of I‐526 petitions remained above 80% in FY2016