IIUSA is pleased to announce that our annual data reports on I-526 and I-829 petition statistics are updated to included data through FY2016. The reports are a data visualization and analysis on historical and recent petitions statistics and serve to highlight important trends. Below are selected data points extracted from the reports.
In addition, members now have access to the raw numbers in the datasets used to compile these reports. Members can access the data sets for I-526 petitions here and I-829 petitions here.
I-829 (Read the Report-Members Only)
- The number of I‐829 petitions received and adjudicated grew by 25% and 72% respectively from FY2015 to FY2016
- As of the end of FY2016, the number of I‐829s pending reached an all‐time high of 4,712, an increase of 940% since FY2008
- Despite a decline of 4% from FY2015, the average approval rate of I‐829 petitions remained high, 95%, in FY2016
I-526 (Read the Report-Members Only)
- Despite a decline in I‐526 filings, the gap between the number of I‐526s received versus I‐526s adjudicated became even wider in FY2016.
- As of the end of FY2016, the number of I‐526s pending represents over $10.4 billion in EB‐5 FDI, an increase of 2,340% since FY2008
- The average approval rate of I‐526 petitions remained above 80% in FY2016