We are three weeks away from the 10th Annual EB-5 Advocacy Conference at the Marriott Marquis, from April 26-28, 2017! The EB-5 industry’s longest running annual conference features three action-packed days combining the right balance of grassroots advocacy, advanced education, and business development opportunities. You can review the full conference agenda below.
Attendees at this year’s event will have access to a number panels on hot-topics including legislative and regulatory reform; macro trends affecting U.S. real estate markets; USCIS policy, adjudication and processing trends; EB-5 Regional Center compliance audits & site visits; SEC enforcement trends and case studies; advanced source of funds issues; EB-5 demand and marketing trends in China and a around the world and much more!
Don’t miss this opportunity to be in Washington D.C. at this important time for the EB-5 industry.
Still Need a Hotel Room?
The room block has expired however, IIUSA still has several more rooms available at the discounted price of $355/night at the Marriott Marquis for April 26-28. These will be allocated on a first-come-first serve basis. If you have not yet booked your room, you can put yourself on the waitlist by filling out this form. You must be registered for the conference to have access to the discounted rate.
Conference Overview & Panel Highlights
Wednesday, April 26th
Committee Meetings, Annual Membership Meeting, Welcome Reception
8:45am – 10:00am: IIUSA Committee Meetings: Best Practices Committee, Editorial Committee, Membership Committee (Members-Only)
10:00am – 11:15am: IIUSA Committee Meetings: Public Relations Committee, Banking Committee, Public Policy Committee (Members-Only)
11:15am – 12:30pm: IIUSA Committee Meetings: Investor Markets Committee, Compliance Committee (Members-Only)
2:00pm – 5:00pm: 12th Annual IIUSA Membership Meeting (Members-Only)
5:00pm – 7:00pm: Welcome Reception
Thursday, April 27th
General Sessions & Keynote Panels
7:30am – 8:30am: “Ask Me Anything” with IIUSA Staff: Advocacy, Membership, Digital Resources
8:30am – 9:15am: What is at Stake in EB-5 Reauthorization & Reform: Review of Legislative and Regulatory Issues
- Adam Greene, President, Live in America Financial Services LLC
- Michael Homeier, Founding Shareholder, Homeier & Law, P.C.
- Peter Joseph, Executive Director, IIUSA
- Hans Rickoff, Senior Counsel, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
9:15am – 10:00am: Roundtable Focus: Hot Topics in the EB-5 Reform Debate
- John Baselice, Director, Immigration Policy, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Hunter Bates, Partner, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Angel Brunner, Director, IIUSA; President, EB5 Capital
- Rush Deacon, Managing Director, Pine State Regional Center, LLC
- Bill Gresser, Director Emeritus, IIUSA; President, EB-5 New York State, LLC
- Steve Yale-Loehr, President Emeritus, IIUSA; Of Counsel, Miller Mayer, LLP
10:30am – 11:15am: Guest of Honor Address: Julia Harrison, Deputy Chief, USCIS Immigrant Investor Program Office
11:20am – 12:10pm: First 100 Days of the Trump Administration: What Does It Mean for EB-5?
- Robert Divine, Vice President, IIUSA; Shareholder, Donelson, Bearman Caldwell & Berkowitz, P.C.
- George Foresman, Chairman, NYSA Capital LLC
- Charles Foster, Director, IIUSA; Chairman, Foster LLP
- Tom Loeffler, Senior Counsel, Akin Gump Strauss
1:00pm – 1:30pm: Guest of Honor Address: Honorable Rep. Chris Collins (R-NY, 27th)
1:40pm – 2:30pm: “Keep Calm & EB-5 On”: A Macro Perspective on EB-5 & Geopolitics
- Jonathan Bloch, Shareholder, Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck LLP
- Dan Healy, Director, IIUSA; CEO, Civitas Capital Group
- Stephen A. Orlins, President, National Committee on US-China Relations*
- Reid Thomas, Executive Vice President, NES Financial
- Abteen Vaziri, Director, Greystone EB-5 Holdings Corporation
2:30pm – 3:20pm: Enforcement & Compliance: EB-5 Under a Microscope by Regulators & Law Enforcement
- Michael Fitzpatrick, Partner, Baker Tilly LLP
- Michael Goldberg, Partner; Co-Chair, Fraud & Recovery Practice Group, Akerman LLP
- Ira Kurzban, Partner, Kurzban Kurzban Weinger Tetzeli & Pratt P.A.
- Chris Robertson, Partner, Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Robert Whyte, Managing Partner, Whyte & Co
4:00pm – 4:50pm: EB-5 Litigation: Examining How EB-5 Policy is Shaped by the Courts
- Dan Lundy, Partner, Klasko Immigration Law Partners, LLP
- Brandon Meyer, Principal, Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- John Pratt, Partner, Kurzban Kurzban Weinger Tetzeli & Pratt P.A.
5:00pm – 5:50pm: Backlogs and Retrogression: Visa Capacity & USCIS Processing Times Review
- Charles Oppenheim, Chief, Visa Controls Office, U.S. Department of State
- Kraig Schwigen, President, CMB Regional Centers
- Kyle Walker, Director, IIUSA; CEO, Green Card Fund, LLC
- Cletus Weber, Director, IIUSA; Co-Founder and Senior Attorney, Peng & Weber, PLLC
- Bernie Wolfsdorf, Partner, Wolfsdorf Rosenthal LLP
Friday, April 28th
General Session & Breakout Panels
9:00am – 9:50am: Capital Redeployment: How the Industry is Handling the Lack of Guidance from USCIS
- Allison Berman, General Counsel, Greystone EB-5 Holdings Corporation
- Mary King, COO, New York City Regional Center
- Lincoln Stone, Partner, Stone Grzegorek & Gonzalez LLP
- Osvaldo Torres, Founder, Torres Law, PA
9:00am – 9:50am: Changing Fast: Source of Funds in the FATCA, post-Panama Papers World of Today
- Edward Beshara, Managing Partner, Beshara, P.A.
- Ed Carroll, Founding Partner, Carroll & Associates
- Rana Jazayerli, Partner, Phillps Lytle LLP
- Julia Park, Managing Director, Advantage America EB-5 Group
- Jinhee Wilde, Principal and Managing Attorney, Wilde & Associates, LLC
10:30am-11:20am: Prepare for Success: USCIS Compliance Audits & Site Visits of Regional Centers
- Jessica Denisi, Associate, Klasko Immigration Law Partners, LLP
- Bob Kraft, Director, IIUSA; CEO, FirstPathway Partners
- Dawn Lurie, Partner, Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Devin Williams, President, EB5 Global
- Julie Wood, CEO, Guidepost Solutions LLC
10:30am-11:20am: Think Global, Act Global: Which Investor Markets are Worth Your Time (and Which Aren’t) & Why
- Rupy Cheema, Co-Founder and Senior EB-5 Business Analyst, EB5 Diligence
- Mark Davies, Global Managing Partner and Founder, Davies & Associates, LLC
- Julian Montero, Partner, Arnstein & Lehr, LLP
- Adrian Pomeroy, Business Development Specialist, EB5Investors.com
- Irina Rostova, Partner, Rostova Law Group
11:30am – 12:20pm: Year of the Rooster: Can EB-5’s Largest Investor Market Continue to Rise & Shine?
- Kelvin Ma, Partner, Shanghai Demei Law Firm
- Larry Wang, President, Welltrend United
- Howard Wu, CEO, Can-Achieve Exit-Entry Services Co., Ltd
- Jenny Zhan, President, Good Hope Investment Services (CreditEase)
- Rachel Zou, Chairperson, Lianhong Overseas Consultants Service Limited
11:30am – 12:20pm: Banking in EB-5: Considerations, Opportunities, Challenges, Solutions
- Jill Jones, Senior Counsel, NES Financial
- Oleg Karaman, Relationship Manager, Signature Bank
- George Maroulis, Executive Vice President, Customers Bank
- Mark Morley, President and CEO, Education Fund of America, LLC
- Steve Shpilsky, Co-Founder, CaRE EB-5 Regional Center