By Lee Li, Policy Analyst, IIUSA
Utilizing the “bitter sweet” machine of the Freedom of Information Act (“FOIA”), IIUSA recently expanded its data library with the latest addition of statistics of Form I-526 (Immigrant Petition by Alien Entrepreneur) by investor’s country of chargeability for fiscal year (FY) 2017.
This analysis on the latest I-526 data aims to illustrate the newest trends and developments among the top EB-5 investor markets in FY2017, helping IIUSA members to identify new opportunities in the EB-5 marketplace. In addition, it also showed the increasingly significant impact of the EB-5 visa backlog on the number of new EB-5 investors per year, hindering the EB-5 Program’s capacity of raising investment from qualifying foreign entrepreneurs to support economic development in the U.S.
Specifically, the analysis shed some light on the following important statistics about EB-5 investor markets:
- Form I-526 Filings: Rankings, Numbers, and Growth Rates (Table 1);
- I-526 Filing Global Market Shares for FY2017;
- EB-5 Investment Worldwide In FY2017;
- The Decline In China versus the Growth In Other Markets;
- I-526 Filings From the Top Five EB-5 Investor Markets Other Than China;
- EB-5 Investor Markets with Highest Growth In FY2017;
- Average Approval Rates of I-526 Petitions by Country Of Chargeability; and
- Estimated the EB-5 Visa Applicants Queue – China (FY2015 – FY2017)
Come to Chicago and Learn…
Later this month, IIUSA will welcome EB-5 stakeholders from around the world to Chicago for the IIUSA & AILA EB-5 Industry Forum.This year’s event will include panels discussing the latest trends in EB-5 investor markets (China, Vietnam, India, South Korea, Brazil, Taiwan, and more)!
This analysis is included in our soon-to-be-published Regional Center Business Journal and will be distributed to all attendees at the conference!
Click here to register for the conference today!
Purchase the Entire Data Set
IIUSA offers the option for you to purchase the entire data set that consists of I-526 filings from each country of chargeability between FY2016 and FY2017.
With the data set, you will be able to conduct your own analysis on the I-526 trends for all 169 investor markets, discovering new opportunities for your EB-5 business.
Click here to purchase the data set on IIUSA website (Members: $99 | Non-Members: $499).