IIUSA is proud to announce the formation of several new committee that will advanceassociation initiatives of strategic importance. The IIUSA Board of Directors will finalize this structure in the near term, at which point committee work will begin in earnest. The below is a list of committees that will convene regularly and report to the membership next spring at the annual membership meeting on April 12, 2015 in Washington, DC. As a result of the recent amendment to IIUSA’s bylaws to empower and activate IIUSA Committees, committee chairs will appoint committee members and require at least two reports a year regarding Committee mission and goals as well as a year end status report. The growth in the number and scope of our committees is a testament to the organization’s growth and the member support needed to shape an industry.
Each committee is at various stages of the appointment process. If you responded to the call for volunteers leading up to our annual meeting last month, thank you for your patience. You will hear from us soon.
If you have any questions about the committees, please e-mail IIUSA Advocacy/Research Coordinator Ashley Sanislo Casey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2014-2015 IIUSA Committees
- Association Building – Lead IIUSA’s outreach to interest groups whose members are benefiting from the EB-5 Regional Center Program and are natural strategic partners in advocacy, education, and/or otherwise.
- Best Practices – Develop recommended industry best practices that align the interests between investor, project, and Regional Center to the greatest extent possible by contributing to a transparent and informed marketplace that is defined by the highest degree of professional behavior.
- Compliance – Proactively seek out market intelligence to inform IIUSA of current trend drivers, while contributing to market transparency by making potentially aggrieved parties aware of IIUSA’s industry code of ethics policies and enforcement processes to address unethical behavior in the marketplace.
- Editorial – Curate IIUSA’s industry-leading quarterly magazine, the Regional Center Business Journal (and other select publications), by providing essential input into the industry data collection/analysis process and carefully considering submissions for publication on various communication platforms.
- Investor Markets – Track how world events are driving EB-5 investor market demand around the world and report through IIUSA’s various communication platforms, while also providing essential input into IIUSA’s market research efforts that empower member marketing decisions.
- Membership – Improve IIUSA’s value proposition to members through consistent benefits analysis, recommending new programming, and leading outreach efforts to desirable new members. Also facilitate feedback loop between leadership and membership.
- International Subcommittee: Recruit desirable new members based outside of the United States, while leading efforts to develop partnerships with international governmental entities and interest groups.
- Public Policy – Consider public policy issues, both proactively and reactively, while developing and recommending industry positions for IIUSA’s advocacy and government affairs activities.
- Public Relations – Provide ongoing input to IIUSA public affairs strategy and its implementation, while assisting with outreach efforts to members and media alike.
- Technology – Lead IIUSA efforts in understanding members technology needs, delivering empowering, cutting-edge industry technology tools to members, and optimizing all facets of IIUSA’s existing web presence.
- 2014 International Forum – Develop programming for IIUSA’s annual international trade show, the largest industry event of the year, designed to maximize business development and industry education for the global crowd in attendance.
- 2015 DC Advocacy Conference -Develop programming for IIUSA’s annual advocacy conference in Washington, DC, designed to maximize industry advocacy at the federal level, balanced with education and business development opportunities.
- 2015 International Forum – Develop programming for IIUSA’s annual international trade show, the largest industry event of the year, designed to maximize business development and industry education for the global crowd in attendance.