2019 EB-5 Advocacy Conference & Industry Achievement CeremonyLee Li
For 12 years the IIUSA EB-5 Advocacy Conference has been the one and only EB-5 industry conference focused on championing the virtues and achievements of the Program to Capitol Hill.
In 2018, IIUSA was proud to launch the Industry Achievement Banquet to highlight program contributions and member success across the country.
SAVE THE DATE: MAY 5-7, 2019
2019 Awards for Economic Advancement
Last year, IIUSA was thrilled to recognize industry leaders at the Inaugural EB-5 Industry Achievement Banquet and we are excited to announce that nominations for this year’s Awards for Economic Advancement are now being accepted!
- Voting for award winners will take place in mid-March. More details coming soon!
- Award winners will also be recognized at an exclusive Congressional Breakfast on Capitol Hill the following morning on Monday, May 6.
Regional Centers rely on many partners and service providers to achieve success. This award recognizes a domestic service provider which is a catalytic collaborator within the EB-5 Regional Center Program. The nominee does not have to be IIUSA member.
Foreign partners are critical to EB-5 industry success. This award recognizes a foreign migration agency, overseas representative, or other international partner who is working in their country as an ambassador and champion for the EB-5 program. The nominee must be an IIUSA member.
Newcomers to the EB-5 industry help assure new ideas, fresh perspectives and ultimately drive the industry forward. This award recognizes an EB-5 industry newcomer (within the past three years) whose innovation and passion are representative of where the EB-5 industry is heading. The nominee must be an IIUSA member.
The EB-5 industry is constantly changing. This award recognizes a member business that’s driving a new trend in EB-5 industry, forging unique partnerships, creating innovative project ideas, and is setting new trends within the industry. The nominee must be an IIUSA member.
The EB-5 program facilitates economic development. This award recognizes the regional center who has had an exceptional impact on all aspects of economic growth, including impacts in infrastructure, technology, talent, capital, or sustainability. This awardee is working to solve regional challenges through dynamic projects and solutions. Urban and rural centers can have significant impact on their respective regions, and, therefore impact should be considered based on the impacts realized on the regions served. IIUSA will select one winner, one urban honorable mention, and one rural honorable mention. The nominee must be an IIUSA member.
Regional Center of the Year
Regional Centers are the cornerstone of the EB-5 Industry. This award recognizes a member Regional Center who has demonstrated excellence as it relates to the core values of IIUSA: collaboration, ethics, and strategic thinking. This Regional Center has served as a leader and example for all Regional Centers throughout the past year. IIUSA will select one winner, one urban honorable mention, one rural honorable mention. The nominee must be an IIUSA member.
There are many who are dedicated to the EB-5 Industry. Annually, IIUSA will accept nominations and consider recognizing an individual with the Lifetime Achievement Award. Nominees should be true champions of EB-5 who have dedicated many years of service to the positive advancement of IIUSA and the industry. Nominations accepted annually; however, not necessarily awarded annually. The nominee must be an IIUSA member.
2019 EB-5 Industry Achievement Banquet
May 5, 2019 | Washington, DC
Set Sail for EB-5 Industry Success
IUSA is excited to host our guests for this year’s event on a private cruise on the Potomac River. See the city like you never have before as the cruise takes many of the sites of our nation’s capital!
The banquet will once recognize our members who have made the most substantial contributions to the association by creating a strong and vibrant membership and who have had success in the industry by promoting local economic development across the country. Watch the video of last year’s event.
* Preliminary schedule. Subject to change. Panelist and speakers will be announced soon. Stay tuned!
IIUSA Committee Meetings (Invite-Only)
- 2:00pm – 3:00pm: Public Policy Committee, Editorial Committee, Investor Markets Committee;
- 3:00pm – 4:00pm: Best Practices Committee, Member Relations Committee
EB-5 Industry Achievement Banquet (Boat Cruise)
- 4:00pm – 5:00pm: Shuttle Buses Depart for the Boat Cruise Banquet
- 6:00pm – 7:00pm: Pre-Banquet Cocktail Reception & Guest Arrival
- 7:00pm – 10:00pm: IIUSA EB-5 Industry Achievement Banquet Ceremony
- 10:00pm – 11:00pm: Shuttle Buses Depart for Park Hyatt (Conference Hotel)
- 8:00am – 5:30pm: Registration & Exhibits
- 8:00am – 9:00am: Congressional Breakfast for Award Winners (Capitol Hill, Invite-Only)
- 8:00am – 9:00am: Networking Breakfast
- 9:00am – 10:30am: IIUSA Annual Membership Meeting
- 11:00am – 11:30am: Keynote Address (Speaker TBA)
- 11:30am – 12:30pm: Advocacy Panel: How to Conduct a Hill Meeting and IIUSA Policy Positions
- 1:15pm – 2:30pm: Keynote Panel: EB-5 Visa Capacity Update: What is Retrogression? Does it Mean the Market is Dead?
- 2:30pm – 3:30pm: Breakout Sessions:
- HNWI: How to Target Them Where They Work and Live and Transferring Their Funds
- USCIS Policy Trends: Redemption Agreements, Indebtedness and More – What They Mean for Your Business and Your Investors
- 3:30pm – 4:00pm: Networking Break
- 4:00pm – 5:00pm: Breakout Sessions:
- EB-5 Securities Laws and Enforcement: Analyzing the Trends
- Creative Thinking and Data Analysis: How Can EB-5 Benefit Your Community’s Local Economic Development Initiatives?
- 7:00am – 8:00am: Networking Breakfast
- 7:00am – 12:30pm: Registration & Exhibits
- 8:00am – 9:00am: Breakout Sessions:
- Redeployment: How to Inform Your Current Investors and How to Structure Future Deals
- Investor Relations: Fiduciary Duties Post-Securities Closing, Record Keeping, Monitoring and Investor Communications
- 9:00am – 10:00am: Breakout Sessions:
- Compliance Reviews and Site Visits: What We Know and How to Be Prepared
- How to Stay Competitive in the Global Migration By Investment Market
- 10:00am – 10:30am: Networking Break
- 10:30am – 11:30am: Breakout Sessions:
- Economic Development Finance: Empirical Knowledge for How to Use EB-5, NMTC and Other Funding Sources
- RFEs, NOITs, and Regional Center Terminations: Trends and How to Respond
- 11:30am – 12:30pm: Breakout Sessions:
- Opportunity Zones and EB-5: Working Together to Create Local Economic Advancement
- How to Market to and Find Investors Already in the U.S.: E-2 and EB-5 and Other Visa Backlog Solutions
Book your hotel room at Park Hyatt using the link below to receive the special rate for conference attendees.
2018 EB-5 Advocacy Conference & Industry Achievements Ceremony
For more information on sponsorships, contact McKenzie Penton at 202-795-9669 or email@example.com