On June 8-9, IIUSA and our members hosted the first-ever live Investor Market Webinar discussion on South Africa. During the two days of discussion, our expert panelists discussed the ins and outs of the EB-5 Regional Center Program as well as the E-2 Treaty Investor Visa.
The discussion provide key insights into these two great investment opportunities and allowed interested investors and their representatives to ask their most pressing questions.
The event was hosted in partnership with the Johannesburg Chamber of Commerce and Industry and both organizations look forward to continuing to provide our respective memberships and investors with critical business development and educational opportunities in the years ahead.
Panel 1: An Intro to EB-5: How It Works, Project Due Diligence, and Why it Might be the Right Investment for Me
- McKenzie Penton, Director of Events and Business Development, IIUSA (Moderator)
- Ky Boyle, Vice President, CMB Regional Centers
- Nicolai Hinrichsen, Managing Partner, Miller Mayer
- Brigitte Marquis, Vice President of Sales and Client Relations, Pathways EB-5
- Daniel Ryan, Managing Director Emerging Markets, Atlantic American Partners
Panel 2: Recent Changes to EB-5, COVID-19 and What Impact they May Have on My Investment
- Stuart Ferguson, Director, American Dream
- Winnie Ng, CEO & Chief Counsel, Manhattan Regional Center
- Qendrese Sadriu-Rrustemi, Managing Director, American Immigration Group
- Carel van der Merwe, Director, LCR Capital Partners
- Leon Versfeld, Immigration Attorney, Versfeld & Hugo LLC
Panel 3: E2 Treaty Investor Visa: An Alternative Path to the U.S.
- Mir Farouk, Senior Sales Director, Range Developments
- Grant Kaplan, Immigration Attorney, Law Offices of Grant Kaplan
- Daniel Wycklendt, Executive Vice President, FirstPathway Partners