As we have highlighted in previous posts, IIUSA is diligently working with our public affairs team in crafting a strategy that highlights the success of our members’ projects in the broader context of how the EB-5 Regional Center Program is benefiting communities across America. As detailed in IIUSA’s economic impact study, the EB-5 Regional Center Program is responsible for billions of dollars in capital formation, creation of tens of thousands of American jobs and generating over a billion dollars in federal/state/local taxes.
To truly tell poignant stories of how the Program benefits individuals and communities, we have enlisted the cooperation of our member Regional Centers to provide us with project details and connect us with stakeholders and supporters so that we can gauge the economic impact on a regional and local level.
IIUSA has documented over 25 EB-5 Regional Center stories from our members, with more stories on the way. Some examples of completed member projects include:
- Redevelopment of a closed Air Force base in Southern California into a vital commercial area including a distribution center and regional airport
- Development of assisted and retirement living communities in Washington State, creating over 800 jobs and serving approximately 500 seniors in 265 residences
- The transformation of the a closed Navy yard in Philadelphia into a dynamic, multi-use development now home to 130 companies and 10,000 employees
- Expansion of a one season ski-resort in Vermont into a thriving four season vacation destination
- Expansion of a commercial shopping area in California that is creating new jobs in area with over 20% unemployment and generating much needed revenue for the city
- Physical Therapy and Rehab Center in Arizona that provides much needed services to local residents as well as new business to over 120 new vendors in the state
- Rehabilitation of an old dress factory into studio, recording and practice space for local artists and musicians in Massachusetts
- Development of a one-of-a-kind water research facility and technology park in Wisconsin which facilitates the growth of startup businesses
- And many more projects, large and small, that are bringing much needed development to towns, municipalities, counties, cities and states across the nation
If you have yet to contribute to our story collection, we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you. Please reach out to Allen Wolff, IIUSA Marketing/Communications, at email@example.com.
To compliment these stories, IIUSA is compiling quotes from community observers who have benefited from the economic ripple effect of these projects. To date, we have aggregated nearly thirty quotes from project developers, program directors, mayors, members of congress, governors, local and regional economic development agencies, interest groups and normal citizens who are eager to share their appreciation and support for what EB-5 projects have brought to their respective communities. Stay tuned, as we will share these quote with you in next week’s report!
Click on the links below to download EB-5 Industry & IIUSA fact sheets: